[Alberg30] Ice Box Size

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue Dec 31 23:50:35 PST 1996

Ice Box SizeI used several layers of foil between several layers of foam when I retro fitted #220's icebox. I'd need a control sample to test performance, but the idea is foil stops infrared spectrum heat from penetrating. Especially critical on the engine side and outboard side (I have a black hull).

I can now go a week easy with about 50 lbs. ice. Make sure you use a gooseneck in the water drain tube.

Michael
Checkmate