[alberg30] Re: replacing stove

Amy & David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 24 13:57:18 PDT 1998

From: Amy & David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Scott -

I did this - it works fairly well (I had a Origo 3000 on a previous boat).
The cut out on my boat was a little too big, I had to put in a wooden shim
but the flange on the stove covered it up so it looks okay cosmetically.

I store my alcohol in a liquid detergent jug, it has a good spout and is
easier to pour from than the steel one-gallon cans that  the alcohol comes
in.

For a weekender, this is a good solution, much easier and cheaper  than a
propane set-up.

Let me know if I can help.

dls