[alberg30] Re: handbook

Sailprof at aol.com Sailprof at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 07:12:52 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/30/98 12:25:58 PM Central Standard Time,
gdinwiddie at min.net writes:

<< I think you must be talking about the Alberg 30 Maintenance Manual.
 This is a publication produced by the Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30
 One-Design Association for its members.  >>

George --

Thanks for your note in response to my membership application.  I understand
the limitations of your bylaws, and I can think of some good reasons you might
want to limit your membership to current A30 owners.  On the other hand, I'm
naturally disappointed that I don't qualify, and I like to think that your
membership would be enhanced by interested "searchers" like myself.  In any
event, I expect that I'll be back in touch with you in the future when I find
the right boat.

In the meantime, might it be possible for me to get a copy of your Maintenance
Manual?  I found the similar manual on C22s to be very helpful when I was was
looking for one of those; it's very helpful in evaluating candidates to know
what the high-maintenance items are.

In any event, thanks for your correspondence, and for your efforts in keeping
a very interesting listserv going.

-- Mike Floyd
sailprof at aol.com