[alberg30] interior progress

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Sat Dec 5 02:54:49 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

HA... Tom Parks... I was starting to wonder if you were getting the info you
were needing regarding cabin details. MY GOD this sounds like a big project.
Do you have the knack for joinery work? I have been doing some things on
Bathtub Mary and find it very rewarding AND CHALLENGING. The hardest part...
measure twice and cut once when the boat is in the boat yard and the shop is
the studio/loft.

	I'll stick my nose in here and ask you if it would be beneficial for you to
shoot up to my boat and get a look and some dimensions before the snow get to
deep. The boat is in Muskegon ,Mi. for the winter. You figure the time/
mileage... I'm not sure of your location. I don't know how much time I could
spend personally but you could get your dimensions.

	One more thought... Have you seen Daniel Spurr's book "Upgrading the cruising
sailboat" (2nd edition). The interior design of the Triton shown by Carl
Alberg is soooo right on with the A30 interior. Also the modifications Spurr
did were great! You might just opt to go that way and you would have a great
interior.

kindest regards,
greg vandenberg

PS: I'm going to put this on the net also... you might get some good advice.