[alberg30] Re: Rebedding deck fittings

Thomas Parks parks24 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 20:33:10 PST 1998

From: "Thomas Parks" <parks24 at hotmail.com>

Lee,
  I had new toe rails installed on Tradewinds after purchase due to a
lack of this item when purchased. The point I am coming around to making
is that the carpenter who installed them in Milwaukee made the yard
redrill out the 5200 they had put in the old holes because he felt that
the deck would be like new if they were filled with resin and then
redrilled and rebeded. This made sense to me!! And also makes it so that
if you don't drill in exactly the same place, you don't have a problem.
The idea of the plate on the underside sounds good to me . Mine are a
little loose, so in the spring this is on my todo list and I will attach
plates and install per the above description.
   By the way, your pictures arrived today. Thanks much. I had never
seen how the old ice box fit in that area. Can anyone tell me why you
can't install a RV type gas-electric in that space? You could vent it
out the side into yhe engine compartment. Is the movement of the boat to
much for them to work on gas while your sailing? If that would work it
would be a lot more economical than what you see in the marine catalogs.
Especially if you live close to the RV capital of the world!!
  At some later date I'll try to get some pictures of mine to send back
to you.
Tom Parks
Tradewinds #48