[alberg30] Re: Staysail on the sailplan?

Wed Dec 9 06:34:41 PST 1998

Lee,

Apparently, there was an option for a staysail, but it was rarely, if
ever, installed at the factory.  I'd love to hear more about this from
someone who knows.

The "allowed headsails," however, are those mentioned in the class
racing rules in the bylaws printed in the handbook.  This does not
include any staysail.  Adding rigging for a staysail is not a
trivial task and allowing such a sail would give boats with the
rigging a decided racing advantage over those without.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/