[alberg30] Re: Refinishing Cabin Sole

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 10:09:19 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Guy,
My teak and holly sole needs redoing too; the varnish is worn through in many
places.
I haven't tackled the job yet, but I plan to lightly sound down to clean wood,
being careful to not go any deeper into the veneer than is necessary, and then
applying 5 coats of Zspar Captains varnish,roughing up between coats with
scotch brite, with commercial sand in the last coat. Nothing more slippery
than wet varnish on a cabin sole.
Good luck,
Lee Trachtenberg
stargazer #255