[alberg30] Re: More on cabin tables

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Dec 7 03:21:46 PST 1998

I think I am going to look at an RV type table base set under the cabin
sole with a table post that can set in it through a hole & be removed.
I'll try this in a piece of plywood temporarily replacing one of the
hatches to the battery compartments. This eliminates any bump on the
cabin sole (not having the table everyone is describing) and I will
build a table that has a narrow center strip to which fiddled leaves are
hinged, port & starboard with braces to hold them in the up position,
like the table on my old Tancook schooner. Can put a plug in the hole
when not in use.

                                    - Gordon White A-275