[alberg30] Re: bottom paint

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 8 15:18:32 PST 1998

From: "Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca>

Gordon,
I have also heard that a lot of damage can be done when
sandblasting the bottom. I've read of this company in
Toronto who specializes in bottom paint removal by using
baking soda instead of sand to blast away the old paint.
In the article they claim it does a very good job without damaging
the gelcoat. It must be because it is less "grit-ier" than sand.

Check around your area, I'm sure this process must be available
elsewhere.

Guy        Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca