[alberg30] Re: Under the stanchions

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 8 16:45:55 PST 1998

From: "Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca>

Thanks George, Jacques.

Having confirmed that the balsa core extends under the
stanchion base, my plan of action basically will be as
you outlined: seal the holes with epoxy as outlined in
the West Epoxy "Fiberglass Boat Repair & Maintenance"
manual and put a stainless steel backing plate under deck
to spread the loads.
West even suggests bonding the hardware to the deck with
epoxy, they claim it can be removed later if needed by
using a heat gun. Not sure I want to do that. Has anybody
ever done that ?

Jacques, why did you also put a backing plate above deck
under the stanchion base ? Is that plate larger than the
stanchion base ?

Guy        Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca