[alberg30] Re: Question - Average Heeling Angles for A30's

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 11:51:48 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Imp,
I'm not surprised that Argo had an advantage reefed in 18 kts over those who
chose to Carry ON. An overpowered boat is a slow boat, not to mention the
extra strain on rig and sails. The old sailors adage is "When is it time to
reef? The first time you think about it!"
On my Alberg 22 I had two rows of very efficient slab reefing, and a slew of
different sized headsails.  Once she had the proper canvas on, she was a
pleasure in just about anything. I hope the Alberg 30 turns out to be the
same.

Let's go sailing!!!!!!!!!

Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255