[alberg30] Re: Origo Stoves

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Sun Dec 13 11:36:53 PST 1998

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

We found that you should NOT use water on an alcohol fire.  When our
pressurized stove spewed burning alcohol over the counters, I dumped a
jerry jug of water over it.  Guess that I missed a little flame, because
within seconds, we had burning alcohol floating on top of the water that
was running down over the settee and floor.  It was terrifying.  Our
fire extingisher put the fire out.  The white powder mess was awful.

Marjorie Goettle, Jubilant #435