[alberg30] Re: Looking for a used main...

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 13:06:40 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Tom,
I needed a new main too, (You should have seen the old one!) but I figured
since the main takes such a beating, and if it is blown out, it is very
inefficient, unless I could find an unusual find in a used one, I might as
well go with a new one.
I priced the commercial big boys at the boat show, and got prices from1300 to
over 2000.  North and Quantum had a 'discount' price for sails made overseas,
in the east.  Once I was going for foreign sails, I priced Lee sails, which
are made in Honk Kong.  They have been in business for along time, and their
show price was under 900 bucks, with two rows of reefs, leachlines,insignias,
sail #,battons, etc.  so  i went with them.  On the ground, flat, the sail
looks good. But I have to admit I have not had a chance to sail it yet, and
see its true shape.  Still, for the price, how bad could it be.

Good Luck,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer, #255