[alberg30] Masthead sheaves (group purchase)

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 1 09:41:45 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

LEE... The real Joe Palmer did step forward today! He has a classic sailboat
restoration service business. What a nice man and a great find for an old boat
lover. His business is mostly Tartan, Islanders, and Atomic 4's and others. He
would not mind getting into Alberg 30 with documentation information. I turned
him on to George D. for more info on the assoc. THANKS AGAIN LEE... You and
your trusty crew fought the good fight and have prevailed!

Now about those sheaves:  $28.00/ ea. and $20.00/ 10ea. They are made from a
material called Nylatron GP. A sheet product. He can make them for wire or
wire to rope. Now that we have a price I'm not so sure that a group purchase
is warranted. The cost for Lee's sheave was based on a lot more work regarding
the retainer plates on each side of the sheave which is not always necessary
to replace( mine are in great shape). That cost in Lee's case about $30.00
extra plus a bushing and a new shaft which is all about a $sawbuck.

How about a few opinions before I go any further with order gathering!?

kindest regards,
greg vandenberg

PS:  Classic Sailboat Service, Joe Palmer @ 1 800 486 7245
	E-mail: jopalmer at classicsailboat.com