[alberg30] Spinakers

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 10:22:25 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

 Hi Friends,
I have flown spinakers on Albacores, 505's, Aerials, Pearson 30's, and J35's
(alright, get to the question, Lee) but never on one of our Alberg 30's. I was
wondering if someone could take the time to describe the gear that is current,
ie; location of pole downhaul, use of "twings", always having a headsail up
while taking down, raising, and general procedure. And is there a difference
in the handling of this narrow 9000 lb. boat while reaching under the chute
than my previous experience may have prepared me for?

Also, the chute 255 came with has a zipper running down its middle. Early
attempt at multipurpose sail, ie reacher, runner? Anyone ever hear of this ,
let alone use it?

I think flying the chute on the Aerial was the most fun. That boxy boat could

Thanks, Friends
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255