[alberg30] Under the stanchions

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 4 19:15:58 PST 1998

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query about refinishing
the cabin sole. I'm looking forward to getting that job done soon.

About the stanchions on the A30, what is under them ?
Solid glass or core sandwich like the rest of the deck structure,
or put another way, does the sandwich structure extend to the
area under the stanchions? Are the masonite cored decks any
different than the balsa cored decks in that area ? (Mine is balsa).

The reason I'm asking is that if it is not solid glass under the
stanchions, then I will re-bed & re-seal the stanchion bases
sooner rather than later to prevent any possible delamination
damage because they are fastened right through the deck and
may allow water to seep into the core.

Cheers to all,
Guy        Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca