[alberg30] Re: Electric Fuel Pump conversion, etc. (2)

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Dec 15 07:51:59 PST 1998

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

Robert E Johns wrote:

> From: Robert E Johns <bobjns at nais.com>

Thx for the suggestions on temp and oil pressure sensors, the failure
with the float getting stuck or a fuel system leak with an electric fuel
pump had not occuured to me. I can see the danger in the pump continuing
to run, so I'll address that next season. This seems to me to be an
important point that might not be obvious to everyone intalling an
electric pump...

> I took one off once to check it and it was such a job to
> get it off and then back on that I hesitate to do it again. They really
> weren't that flexible! As the boat is a 1969, I probably do need to check
> them again.

The original (on my 1966) was more rigid than flexible. But the
replacement (exhaust hose) was much more flexible, so it pretty easy to
put on. In fact, I had to cut the original "pipe" in order to remove it.
The stbd side looks fine, so I'm not distrurbing it. My orignial problem
was not with the pipe, rather with the fitting, but the pipe is worth
inspecting.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, Ithaca, NY