[alberg30] Re: reply to 6k offer

dfein dfein at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 11 13:21:41 PDT 1998

From: "dfein" <dfein at bellsouth.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: alberg30 <alberg30 at planet.net>
To: alberg30 at onelist.com <alberg30 at onelist.com>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 2:23 AM
Subject: [alberg30] reply to 6k offer

>From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>
>
>Joe M wrote:
>>
>> From: Joe M <joedena at yahoo.com>
>>
>> Alberg30 lovers,
>>
>>   My Alberg30 is for sale. 1966 and in good shape.  I sailed her
>> Sunday, sweet machine.  I was the only sail visible.  Sailing is
>> unheard of in this area.  I am located in Fourchon Louisiana (Belle
>> Pass), on the Gulf of Mexico 90 miles south of New Orleans.
>>
>>  Make an offer.  Anxious to sell.
>> Thanks,
>>     Joe Mica

>> Help support ONElist, while generating interest in your product or
>> service. ONElist has a variety of advertising packages. Visit
>> http://www.onelist.com/advert.html for more information.
>
>And Dan said:
>
>Hey Joe ,
>I'll offer you $6000.00 sight unseen.  you might want to include some
>pictures of the boat, inside and out.  If you're serious about trying to
>sell her.  A sailboat is a tough buy over the internet.
> Dan F
>
>Dan F: You're a cold hearted-bastard for offering a guy 6k for his Alberg
>30, in sailable condition, no less.
>With a friend like you, who needs and enemy.
>

>Joe "One Less Traveled" #499
Joe
no need to turn this into a personal attack.
I am interested but, without a more elaborate description it is hard to
picture what sailable condition is.  I am sorry if I offended you with the
offer.  I was really hoping to get more information.  I guess further
negotioations are out of the question.  maybe you could get some photos
scanned into your computer and post them with your ad.  You would probably
have better luck selling her.
   Again I apologize for offending you.   They are wonderful boats.
Your move
Dan F