[alberg30] Re: #499 in the house

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Jun 8 08:52:49 PDT 1998

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

alberg30 wrote:

> From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

> -Get the engine running. Here we go again. I think the mechanical fuel pump
> is done...

I replaced mine last year with an electric pump made for the Atomic-4.
Bought it through a local chandlery, but I think Universal is the
supplier. The pum and bracket fir correctly, but the supplied "plumbing"
did not fit, so I had to use high pressure hose (double clamped). Also,
it came with an oil-pressure cutoff switch, but my engine (in a 1966
A-30) did not have the threaded hole it was supposed to go in, so I
could not use that.

> -While I'm at it maybe I should overhaul the carburetor too.

Carb comes off easily from the "front," I removed mine for cleaning last
year.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
#201 Watcher of the Skies (1966)