[alberg30] mast step/plate ?

Sutherland tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net
Sun Jun 21 12:24:51 PDT 1998

From: tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net (Sutherland)

Fellow A-30 maintenance wizards ,
        I feel a need to remove and rebed the mast step/plate while my mast
is off. The deck seems quite sound and I am real interested in keeping it
that way. My question..............On hull # 412 the plate is mounted on a
raised portion of deck with six large flat head SS machine screws (corase
thread). These screws are 5/16 dia. and one inch long (from the top of flat
head). I only know this because one came out without a great deal of
resistance. I am soaking the other five with a bit of liquid wrench but
have had a great deal of difficulty in the past when I have found stainless
steel threaded into aluminum. Can anyone offer me some sage advice. Thanks
in advance for any suggestions !

Tom Sutherland
A-30   #412