[alberg30] Re: Atomic 4 sounds

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Jun 2 07:19:57 PDT 1998

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

Frank,

My Atomic 4 was refitted with an automotive alternator and regulator
before I bought the boat 12 years ago. Sometimes the fan on the
alternator contacts the bracket -- this is a typical problem with some
cars as well. I'm not familiar with the original alternator, but
presumably it has a similar fan. That is more of a high "screeching"
sound.

I recall that there is some reference to a booklet on "the care and
feeding of Atomic 4 engines" in recent editions of the A-30 association
newsletter. Also, the factory user manual is pretty good with respect to
adjustments and the like. If you don't have the engine manual and are
not able to obtain one, I could make you a copy of the manual. I don't
have the booklet.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com