[alberg30] Re: #499 in the house

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at mail.min.net
Mon Jun 8 19:26:43 PDT 1998

From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at mail.min.net>

Joe,

> -fix the compression at the mastep. Water has gotten into step thru bolts
> holding plate to deck and weakened the core. Interior amid ships door won't
> close because cabin roof is compressed. Ouch!

Generally the door problem is due to the cabin sole sinking.  That's
not to say the deck core can't be a problem, but I *think* that the
beam should hold that, as long as the bulkheads aren't pushing the
sole into the bilge.  Anyway, I've just recored some of that area and
reglassed more of it, so it's not a terribly difficult job.