[alberg30] Various questions

Jacques Guerette Jacques.Guerette.jguerett at nt.com
Sun Nov 15 07:20:52 PST 1998

From: "Jacques Guerette" <Jacques.Guerette.jguerett at nt.com>

I'm the owner of A30 #604, called Peregrine.  I'm looking for information on
several items:

1. Weather cloths: I'm making a set this winter and wonder how far forward
they should go. It seems to me that they need to terminate somewhere forward
of the staunchions at the forward end of the cockpit in order to look and
function right.  Is anyone using weathercloths?

2. Boom crutch: I've seen A30's with a crutch at the forward end of the
cockpit but I'm looking for designs where the crutch is placed at the aft
end.

3. Solar panels: Has anyone placed solar panels on the deck area under the
boom?  What were your experiences in terms of power generation, stepping on
it, etc.

4. Bow roller: Any good ideas out there for a system that can handle two
anchors, i.e. a CQR and Danforth? My boat has the "lip" at the bow.

5. On-deck storage: Any innovative ideas for storing "stuff" on deck, e.g.
deck boxes

This is my first posting. I'll try to limit my questions going forward.

Thanks for your help.

Jacques