[alberg30] Re: Cockpit sole access

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 07:06:40 PST 1998

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Dear Lee
Sounds like you did a righteous job. i wish the previous owner of my boat has
done it that well. He cut a rough hole and stapped a piece of sheet aluminim
on with pan head metal screws and some silicone. No edge sealing at all. The
hole is in the rear of the cockpit for access to the steering mechanism he
installed and no standard hatch fits without enlarging the hole And He didn't
even save the piece he cut out. I think I'm going to have to make a custom
hatch. If you saved the piece and you had the mint green gel coat on the deck,
I'd be gland to buy it from you.
	I haven't done it yet, but I bought a solid carbide downspiral 1/2" router
bit and am planning to clean up the hole with that and a template and a 3-1/2
HP Bosch plunge router. I hope it does the trick. I'll let you know.
Regards,
Paul
Ashwagh #23