[alberg30] Motor mounts

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 13:49:01 PST 1998

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Stephen,
yes, all that info is helpfull.
When I cut the hole in my cockpit sole for the access hatch and truly saw the
back of my engine for the first time, imagine my surprise when I saw there was
no aft port engine support! The volvo mount was broken, and there was nothing
holding down that corner of the engine!
I don't know if the guy just couldnt get back there to install it when he was
putting in the engine, or if motor mount parts are slowly rusting and decaying
in my sump (standing on my head once, I did feel alot of junk in there, but
could only get so much of it out!) but anyway, now that I have access, I will
replace that mount. Thx for the tip.
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255

I did get one old rusty allen wrench out before I nearly passed out.