[alberg30] Re: different rigs

Mon Nov 9 14:51:03 PST 1998

> RABBIT649 at aol.com said:
>
> Someone told me the earlier boats were light on ballast and that to come up to
> commitee standards,  free weight must be added in the bilge. Is that true?
> Regards,
> Paul
> Ashwagh #23

Paul,

According to the bylaws, "Alberg 30 boats supplied prior to Hull No.
27 were supplied with underweight ballast keels.  Such boats shall be
eligible for Class competition upon inspection by the Rules
committee and certification that a maximum of 460 pounds inside
permanent ballast may be added and may not be changed after
initial certification."

The other changes you discussed would, of course, invalidate the
boat for one-design competition.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/