[alberg30] Re: good place for answers

Thomas Parks parks24 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:07:32 PST 1998

From: "Thomas Parks" <parks24 at hotmail.com>

Gordon
  Don't know what happen on that first reply, it just suddenly went!
Anyway, thanks for the invite for February but probably won't be able to
make it this year. I will be in Chicago at Strictly Sail about that same
time but maybe next year.I would love to come to such an event.
  Now, your question on the plug. At the bottom of my keel, just in
front of where the rudder is attached there is a brass plug. It's like
they use on a water tank for a drain plug. I don't know it's exact size
but it's probably about one-half inch in diameter and you remove and
replace it with an allen wrench. Inside it's in probably the lowest
point of the bilge, just in front of the motor. It's great for haulout
in the fall, pull the plug and drain. No messing with anti-freeze or
some such thing!! The only problem we had was we didn't know it was
there when we lowered "Tradewinds" into the river in Milwaukee. The
previos owner didn't tell us about it!!
  Will look forward to the messages on the different problems and
solutions you(and everyone else) have found to the many little odd
things on our Alberg's.
  Later,
Tom Parks
"Tradewinds" #48