[alberg30] mast height

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Mon Nov 30 17:18:16 PST 1998

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

George Dinwiddie wrote:

> From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>
>
> > greg vandenberg said:
> >
> > George D... How do we find out if there is interest in a group purchase for
> > masthead sheaves?????
>
> Greg,
>
> Well, the first thing is to ask around to see if there's interest.
> You're already doing that.  Then, contact the vendor to find out
> what quantity is needed for what price.  Write up the information
> and send it to the Mainsheet editor.  Get people to commit to a
> purchase if the necessary quantity can be ordered.  If you get
> enough interest, collect the money and order the sheaves.
>
>  - George
>
> --
>   George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
>   The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in
I've been through all the specs on my boat,and also the web site for the
Alberg 30.Is there a standard height for the a30?Are there some tall
rigs and short rigs sailing out there?I live on Bayou Lafourche,and
looking at my boat from across the bayou,it sure looks like a lot of
mast for this boat.First chance i get,I'm gonna tie a 50ft tape measure
to the main halyard and hoist it up and measure from cabin roof to
waterline.My guess is somewhere above 40ft.

.