[alberg30] Re: Compadres

Thomas Parks parks24 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:07:49 PST 1998

From: "Thomas Parks" <parks24 at hotmail.com>

Lee,
  The more I hear about your A30, the more I think I made out pretty
good with #48. You mentioned on another  message how you deck was all
scared up, I believe mine is all in original shape. There was one small
gash from the spinnaker pole laying on the deck and we fixed that right
away.
  I surfed on the net last last night trying to find something on the
30ft. Hood you mentioned but with little luck. I found lot's of Hood
sites but all were for larger boats. My wife may not like that setup
either, she seems determined for the head to be in the original
spot.I'll keep looking though, and see what I can come up with.
  My masthead area is fine. There is a 3x3 across the top and it is
braced on each side. The surveyor said he could not find any signs of
weakness when I talked to him about it and she sails great!! I was
worried about this particular problem before I bought the boat and ask
lots of questions about that area.
  In the sail department we have some opposite problems. We have roller
furling up front with a 130 attached and no sunscreen but Sailrite is
going to take care of that this winter. Our 90 also does not have luff
tape and has hanks , so they will fix that too! The new North main has
four battens and is nice, the surveyor didn't think it had ever been
used. I have the old main. It has some torn seams and isn't the cleanest
in the world but would probably be useable in an emergency if sewn up. I
don't know a whole lot about my spinnaker, it appears to be in pretty
good shape but I have never used one, soo we'll have to wait on the
verdict on it.
  It sounds like we may have the same new tiller handle. The guy that
owned mine before must have been an avid West Marine shopper. We have
been talking about the extension for the tiller. We haven't done any
long trips yet but I think without an autopilot one of those would be a
necessity.
  Glad to see you have a sailing wife! Mine loves to sail as much as I
do and doesn't have to have perfect conditions to go out, your's sounds
likewise. It seems that many of the guys in the Power Squadron don't
have wives who like to sail, they don't like the way the boat heels!!!!
  Look forward to hearing more of your trials and tribulations,
Tom Parks
Tradewinds#48

Tom,Pam,and April Parks
parks24 at hotmail.com