[alberg30] Re: what's that tang on my mast?

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 2 07:51:01 PST 1998

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

George... that's the answer i was hoping to hear... now this is the problem
i'm trying to solve.

		I have a 155% roller furling genny on the head stay (i truly like it on a
reach) and every time i  come up to windward and go close hulled, the  reefed
genny (now at 100%) won't point well or set well on the inside track. (Nothing
uncommon about that)... I was thinking of picking up a used sail (as a
staysail) to use when the wind starts blowing and i find myself on the wind.
I don't want to buy another sail for the roller furling sys. but was thinking
this would solve my problem when i was positioned on the wind.  If this is  a
good solution... how would you rig the tack?

		How are others solving this problem with roller furling?

kindest regards,
greg vandenberg