[alberg30] Re: what's that tang on my mast?

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 3 15:33:53 PST 1998

From: "Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca>

Gordon,
with the mast taken down for winter lay up, I figure it extends
fore and aft of the boat by 2 1/2  feet at each end. So the mast
must be about 35 feet long and at the max the mast step must
be 5 feet (if not less) from the waterline. So I would say the
height of the masthead above the waterline would be in the
neighbourhood of 40 feet.

Guy.    Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca