[alberg30] Re: waterline/trim ?

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net
Wed Nov 4 11:51:16 PST 1998

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campus.mci.net>

George,Pete,Stephen.............
    Thanks for the reply to the trim question. I am somewhat relieved to
hear that this is characteristic of the boat .If I had known this when I
repainted the boot strip I think I might have adjusted It a bit
.........she might look a bit better if she was setting on the water line.
    I guess it just caught me by surprise when I first put the boat in the
water to see all of that pretty overhang at the stern of the boat looking
so low in the water! She kind of looks like I have a bank of eight
batteries and have located them all in the lazarette!
    I am anxious to see how things change when I get the full rig on her,
fill the water tank and hang that CQR on the bow sprit........this should
all help !
I guess I could always trim her out by adding enough 3/8 inch anchor chain.