[alberg30] Re: mast strength

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Nov 5 12:01:30 PST 1998

Greg,
    I don't know whether the mast is over-built, but my boat was hit by
a tornado in the fall of 1995 at her pier. The force was such that it
broke off two hefty pilings at the point they entered the bottom mud but
the Alberg's mast was only slightly bent above the spreaders. Tornados
are "funny" things, but the boat stood up pretty well. The same storm
twisted off several 18-24 inch trees ashore.
                                        - Gordon White