[alberg30] Re: Alberg Speed

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Nov 17 12:42:54 PST 1998

Lee,
    Interesting your comments on Mariner as having a watery Theodore
Kamm (Kamm-Back) transom. I know  the Cunningham C2R-K coupe had that
configuration at Le Mans. [I have been trying to collect a LeMans
Cunningham for the Smithsonian for years, but Miles Collier has it and
all but two of the other Briggs Cunningham true race cars (not the C-3
road cars) and Miles has politely declined to give us one.]
    I found, running at Bonneville, that a longer body was faster. I
wonder what hull speed was on my Offenhauser? I went 159.902 mph, best
pass, 156 + average, which still stands as the FIA 2-liter (unblown)
international record.

                                            - Gordon White