[alberg30] Re: Inner Stay

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 19 04:02:20 PST 1998

From: "Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca>

Joe,
I've seen such an installation (a detachable one) in a magazine.
Some kind of a ring that acts as an anchor point for the inner
stay is attached on the foredeck. However just screwing it onto
the deck is not solid enough, there has to be some type of
chainplate attached to a bulkhead, suffice to say it has to be
very, very solid to withstand the tension.
On the end of the innner stay there is a special turnbucle with
a lever on it and it hooks into the ring and you pull back on the
lever to put tension into the stay. I believe Wichard makes such
a turnbuckle. If you need more details, let me know, I might
still have that magazine kicking around.

Hope this helps.
Guy    Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca