[alberg30] Re: Tiller Cap and Strap

stephen sousa stephen=sousa%eng%emchop1 at fishbowl02.lss.emc.com
Mon Nov 23 07:12:54 PST 1998

From: "stephen sousa" <stephen=sousa%eng%emchop1 at fishbowl02.lss.emc.com>

George,

Thanks for the input, we are going to put a stainless sleeve between the
ears to stop them from folding in. The original unit shows the same signs
of wear. BTW have you received the check for the Burgee and revised A30
Manual?

Stephen
-------------
Original Text
From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at min.net>, on 11/23/98 10:09 AM:
From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

> jsss at net1plus.com said:
>
> I checked into the A30 Manual which was in the cabin of Carina Vela when
> she arrived home. This manual has a copyright date of 1973 (collectors
> item, just kidding). The play in the tiller head is mentioned in the
> manual. The 1973 manual states that a stainless horseshoe should be
> fabricated and placed between the cap and strap, grease stainless strap
> where it intersects the cap.

Stephen,

If you don't put something between the two ears at the back of the
cap, any repair is temporary.  Trust me on this.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/