[alberg30] Boat stuff

John Edwards john.edwards at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 26 12:15:18 PST 1998

From: John Edwards <john.edwards at sympatico.ca>

Hello:
This will be my first message and I hope I am going about it in the
right manor.
First let me tell you who I am or should I say who we are as there are
two of us with Alberg's.
My name is John and I have Summer Salt hull # 447. I bought it from the
original owner in 94 and sail out of Toronto.

My problem is with the waste holding tank. On my boat the holding tank
is molded into the cabin floor with a metal top riveted on. Due I
suspect to the prior owner taking the boat south this metal is leaking
from the salt water. Has any one had this problem. I was thinking of
replacing the molded tank with a plastic holding tank. Has anyone gone
this route. I would like any ideas that worked for you.

Bob (not a computer person) has Topaz hull # 639. He sails out of
Belleville.

Bob has a trailer that was built for an Alberg 30. It is a heavy duty
tandem axle trailer with electric brakes. The hitch size is 2 5/16. This
is a trailer that will take your Alberg anywhere.
(Nothing goes to windward like a Mac truck)
If your interested you can get a message to Bob by E-mailing me at
john at cep.ca.

Thank's
John