[alberg30] Re: V-berth Hatch Window

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Oct 27 22:21:27 PST 1998

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

stephen sousa wrote:

> From: "stephen sousa" <stephen=sousa%eng%emchop1 at fishbowl02.lss.emc.com>
>
> Guy,
>
> I have a teak frame which was original with 1/4 inch lexan screwed to the
> frame...

When my original teak V-berth hatch was destroyed 12-years ago when the
boat was broken into, a cabinet-maker buddy replicated it (as well as
the louvered drop boards). He made it accommodate 1/2" lexan, which is
much more rigid. Originally, I had a sheet of "window tinting" stick to
the inside surface, but when I replaced the 1/2" Lexan last year, I got
grey tinted material. It look black from the outside, very pretty,
contrasting with the varnished teak frame.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies #201 (1966), Ithaca, NY