[alberg30] Lots of questions

Amy & David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 8 16:39:13 PDT 1998

From: Amy & David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Hi folks -

I've been saving up some questions now, so here goes:

1. Is the beam brace discussed in recent postings the one mentioned (but
not described) in the new maintenance manual?  Is it noticeably better
than the others in the manual?
2. Has anyone put a foot pump in the galley of an early model boat?
What model, how did you mount it, and how well does it work?
3. Does anyone know a source for a six-inch pulley sheave to replace the
one in the mast head for the main halyard?
4. Has anyone replaced the copper line from the water pump to the block
of the Atomic 4 (old model)?  I was thinking of using 1/4"  hose.
5. Also on the old style Atomic 4 (with the Prestolite distributor),
does anyone know of a source for the little leather(?) insulator that
goes between the points and the side of the distributor?
6. Is the main bulkhead at the front of the cockpit perpendicular to the
centerline of the boat?

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

dls