[alberg30] Osmotic Blisters

Peter Hay phay at netcom.ca
Sun Sep 27 12:14:40 PDT 1998

I am in the final stages of purchasing an Alberg 30.  I am looking at 3 boats:  A 1969, 1970 and 1976.  I am concerned that Whitby Boats might have used polyester resin in the later boat as opposed to epoxy resin that was probably used in the earlier boats.  I recently saw a survey for an 1973 Alberg indicating some blisters so I am a bit concerned about buying a newer boat.  Polyester resin was the cause of pox as I understand it.  Is there any information available regarding this issue?  Does anyone know is blisters are a problem in Alberg 30's.

Thanks from a new subscriber
Peter Hay, Ontario, Canada