[alberg30] Re: Lots of questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Wed Sep 9 07:38:51 PDT 1998

From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

> Amy & David Swanson said:
>
> 1. Is the beam brace discussed in recent postings the one mentioned (but
> not described) in the new maintenance manual?  Is it noticeably better
> than the others in the manual?

Yes, and Bruce Rankin says it's a lot better.  In fact, he suggested
that I not include the other description.  One boat put in the cold
rolled aluminum beam and subsequently had to put in another on the
other side.

> 4. Has anyone replaced the copper line from the water pump to the block
> of the Atomic 4 (old model)?  I was thinking of using 1/4"  hose.

I have a newer A4, but with the old-style head.  1/4" hose should
work fine, as that's what was used on the newer boats.

> 6. Is the main bulkhead at the front of the cockpit perpendicular to the
> centerline of the boat?

It should be.  You could check it by centering a straightedge on it and
verifying that the distance from each end of the straightedge to the
stem fitting is the same.

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/