[alberg30] Old VDO Sumlog

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Apr 26 09:37:04 PDT 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

All,

My 1966 A-30 still has the original mechanical VDO speedo/log. However,
one of the 3 blades on the underwater impeller was broken off,
apparently when it was hauled out last fall. Does anyone have an an old
unit that is no longer being used? Plan B is to form up a new blade out
of epoxy putty with a thin aluminum core, but  it'd be easier if someone
had the part. I could also use the cover glass from the indicator,
mine's cracked.

Separately, no takers yet on the brand new lifeline netting I posted for
sale about a week ago.

For either, contact dans at stmktg.com or 607-257-3606 (days).

Thanks,

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY