[alberg30] Hanking Sails On

Jackie E. Thomas JThomas at lombard.ca
Mon Apr 26 10:14:54 PDT 1999

From: "Jackie E. Thomas" <JThomas at lombard.ca>

Hi Lee,  we were taught your 'trick' as a standard method at sailing school.
However, I've found that trying to deal with two sails on the narrow foredeck on
a windy day with the boat bouncing up and down was more than I want to deal with
so now I've gone back to taking one down and then putting the other up.  Just my
thoughts on the matter,

Regards

Jackie

FINNUS505 at aol.com on 04/26/99 01:05:52 PM

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Lee Said:
Someone taught me a 'trick' to make hank on sail changes easier; maybe you
know it already. You start with the old sail up and drawing, and release the
bottom hank or two. Then hank on the new sail, still furled from the bag.
Then when you drop the old sail and unhank it, the new sail is set to go, and
you cut the time you are without a headsail. Works nice.
Enjoy,
Lee
Stargazer #255