[alberg30] Grey Marine

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 27 17:12:28 PDT 1999

From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>

Alan;

Actually I'm a poor choice to discuss the merits of the Grey Marine. I
bought the boat in Feb 99 and she is still on the hard. I suspect that the
engine is fine in my case it was rebuilt last year and the oil in it is
still clean.

I have three (3) manuals on the engine, two are Grey marine maintenance
handbooks which list engine models in both 4 and 6 cylinders from 1939 to
1965. The third is a Continental L-Head engine overhaul manual, which I take
it is the industrial version of the Grey Marine.

I am sure that 25hp is more than enough to drive the A30 at hull speed. I
plan to keep this boat a long time and this engine with it. When it does
calf I'll put in a diesel.

I can photo copy the manuals for you if you want and mail them to you. I
sail out of Toronto