[alberg30] Re: Lightening Protection

J.Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Tue Apr 13 11:40:35 PDT 1999

From: "J.Sousa" <jsss at net1plus.com>

Bill,

The Alberg actually comes with "built in lightening protection".  You'll notice
that there is a stainless strip running from your stemhead fitting down to about 3
feet below the waterline.  Since your forestay connects to the stemhead fitting,
there is a direct path from the mast head to the waterline, thus grounding the
boat against strikes.

Chris Sousa
Carina Vela