[alberg30] A4 carb

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Wed Apr 21 21:15:44 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Motorsailors... A lot of good ideas there mates.

		Regarding prop size: I have never understood this completely and am not sure
that I want to know more than I do. The boat to me does not suffer regarding
prop size.
		Running rich: I know that richer is better than lean  and aside from the
soot and the fouled plugs I think there may be no harm. I think my A4 manual
gives me the correct procedure and settings.***
		Fresh water cooling: NOW there might be a culprit. I have no thermostat that
I know of... the way I have adjusted the temp is to partially close the intake
valve. I am not consistent with this practice. I have always thought running a
little higher water temp would be better for the engine.
		Hotter plugs: This was another idea I have liked. Champ # RJ12c and Autolite
#308 is the info I have so far. It so easy to keep an eye on an A4 plug for
temp. signs.

***		Part B: Are some A4's running Bendix carbs... I think I am. My "Universal
operation and maintenance manual" speaks of the Zenith carb. I think they are
very similar in appearance but am almost positive I have the Bendix.

Regards, greg

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US
          http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe6