[alberg30] Re: How to remove galley fiddles?

Richard Johns Richard.Johns at valley.net
Sun Apr 11 17:52:04 PDT 1999

From: Richard Johns <Richard.Johns at valley.net>

Tom, on my hull #104 I was able to replace the formica.  The fiddles have
screws under bungs spaced at about 12 inch centers and are glued as well. My
bungs were hard to see as the teak was worn and unfinished. I recall the
glue was strong but i was able to pry them up with minimal damage. All
damage was easily sanded out. The wood rail for the sliding doors outboard
of the conter top also needed to come out. It is also glued as well. I
planed off the thickness of the formica from the bottom to keep it level and
retain the fit for the sliding doors.  Rich