[alberg30] Re: Old VDO Sumlog

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 17:39:48 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Dan, Time to bite the bullet and get a modern, paddlewheel unit and a better
gauge altogether.  SR mariner is not too bad for the price.  You will need to
use a hole saw to cut the hole.  I recomend puting it farther forward, where
you can get at it.  The center bilge compartment, for instance.  Also you
will lose that mechanical whine from the cable, and the padle wheel will
hardly ever hang up on weeds.  You will need to properly fill in the old
hole.  Epoxy, class cloth, .....properly.
Russ Pfeiffer