[alberg30] Welcome to alberg30 at onelist.com

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 17:43:04 PDT 1999

From: "Hugh Freebairn" <hughfree at hotmail.com>

Hello to all you Alberg 30 Owners,

I just purchased the Alberg 30 "Aliage" in Newtown, CT and just moved her to
the Cumberland river and lake system in Tennessee.  Myself and my wife (from
Fiji) have just spent the last 6 years cruising our previous boat around the
Pacific.  As a result of these experiences I intend to put only the best
components on my Alberg 30.  This brings me to the first question I have
which is:  I have 3 opening and one non-opening port lights on the forward
cabin area.  My problem is that they are aluminum and starting to show signs
of some pitting corrosion. I would like to replace them with bronze or
Stainless ports.  Does anyone out there know of some compatable replacements
so I don't have to cut different size cutouts to replace the ports?  By the
way, is this how you converse with this web site?  I never did see any
instructions on how to enter these discussion sessions.

Hugh Freebairn

>From: alberg30-owner at onelist.com
>To: hughfree at hotmail.com
>Subject: [alberg30] Welcome to alberg30 at onelist.com
>Date: 2 Aug 1999 03:16:01 -0000
>
>Hello,
>
>Welcome to the list. Please take a moment to review this message.
>
>To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
>www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
>on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
>between digest and normal mode.
>
>This mailing list is for discussions of the Whitby Alberg 30
>sailboat and related matters.  Some examples of appropriate
>topics include maintenance and handling of the Alberg 30,
>Alberg 30's for sail or wanted to buy, sailing gear that you
>*personally* own and is *appropriate* to the Alberg 30 that
>is for sale, Carl Alberg's life and designs.  I'd especially like
>to solicit anecdotes about Carl Alberg.
>
>This mailing list is NOT for touting other boat designs or
>for commercial advertisements other than Alberg 30's for
>sale.  Please keep all posts on topic.

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
For details on ONElist’s NEW FRIENDS & FAMILY program, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html