[alberg30] Various questions

Richard Hurt rhurt at metro.net
Sat Aug 28 18:25:31 PDT 1999

From: Richard Hurt <rhurt at metro.net>

Have have a few questions for the group and any input would be appreciated.

1.  Planning on putting a bulkhead mounted compass in #531 due to negative
reports about having it over the engine, and preferring it closer to eye
level.  For those of you who no longer use the old compass location, is
there any use for this hinged cover.  I'm considering taking the hinges off
and glassing it down before I paint out the deck.

2. What is the normal configuration for the Alberg water lift mufflers?
Mine was fitted with a Vetus water lock muffler.  Reviewing the
recommendations for waterlift mufflers in Good Old Boat magazine, it is
going to be tough (impossible) to get the muffler 12" below the engine
exhaust as they call for.  The waterlock was placed above the stern tube,
though it has been a couple of years since I pulled the engine and I can't
remember it's exact placement.  My engine uses an elbow and a bronze Tee
for the injection point.  I'd like to have an elbow that injects water away
from the exhaust manifold to prevent water from spashing back up toward the
engine.  Any one have a source for these, or are they normally home made?

Rick Hurt
Corinna

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.